4G Installation Explained – 4G Installation Guide, how it works
4G Installation – Struggling with poor mobile reception? Not a problem with a Broadband Shack 4G Installation!
To receive your 4G installation at your property, we fit a small antenna to the exterior of your property.
This antenna will then link straight into your new 4G wireless router. Due to the fact that we are bringing in the signal from outside of your property this means even if you are not able to get 4G on your mobile phones, the shack will still have you covered with a fast internet connection.
We have a range of different antennas and 4G routers for every different type of installation. We are able to provide great advice over the phone using our tools to survey your property. This means less time wasted on the day for our installer and also saving you money.
4G LTE Router
We are always looking at the market to make sure that we provide all of our customers with best quality hardware at the right price.
Our current standard 4G router is a ZyXel router which not only looks great, its performance also match’s. With custom built firmware on this we are also able to provide you a portal for you to view your own live data usage and also to add data if you wish.
Once you have placed your order, our friendly installation team will contact you within 48 hours to confirm an appointment that suits you for installation. We do offer a 10 working day lead time from point of order to installation. We have found though that most of the time this is actually within a 7 days!
Standard 4G installations normally take our engineers between 1-2 hours to complete. Once completed our 4G engineer will show you the system working making sure that you are happy with your new fast 4G broadband service.
- How long will it take your engineer to compete the 4G installation? A.Standard installations normally are completed within 1-2 hours by our engineers.
- Will there be a need to fit anything on the outside of my property? A.Yes, if you are having an external antenna fitted we will need to fit this to a outside wall. Normally using a small bracket which needs 4 fixing wholes to hold the bracket.
- Will you need to drill a hole through my wall? A.Yes, again if you are having an external antenna fitted we would need to drill a hole through your wall to bring the cable down from the antenna inside your property to connect to the 4G wireless router. Our friendly engineer will explain this to you on the day and will also make sure that when he leaves everything is made water tight.
- Will my new fast broadband service be working when the engineer leaves? A.Before our engineer leaves your property, your new fast broadband service will be up and running and he will make sure that he has confirmed that you are happy with the new service.
- What happens if the engineer cannot get a service for me? A.If in the event we are not able to get a service for you over 10Mbps download we would not install the service for you. At this point the engineer will talk you through and we will then provide you a full refund. (if we are able to get a speed above 10Mbps and you do not want the system for any reason charges will be incurred)
- I can’t get 4G on my phone so I guess I cannot benefit from your service? A.This is NOT the case. As we have mentioned above, we are able to provide a fast broadband service to area where your mobile phone cannot reach. If you are concerned about this we can complete a full survey for you to show you what you are able to achieve.
- Do I have to have an external antenna fitted to have your service? A.No, in some cases we are able to send you our plug and play 4G router and away you go, online within 48 hours of ordering. Please check with us before placing this type of order as we need to qualify that you are in the correct service area for this.
- Will my new 4G router provide we Wi-Fi coverage for the whole of my property? A.For some properties this may well be the case but if you do live in a larger property or if you know that the structure of you property is more dense than normal than please advise our sales agent so they can advise you on our different range of products to make sure that you can receive a fantastic Wi-Fi signal around the whole of your property.